MS-61 : CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
SECTION – A
1. (a) Explain the various roles that different people as individuals can take in the context of consumer buying behaviour, taking the examples of :
(b) Discuss the applications of Lifestyle
Marketing giving suitable examples.
2. (a) What is Organisational buying behaviour ? Discuss the major influencing factors on organisational buying.
(b) Why do you need to study consumer attitudes ? What are the inputs you would like to include in your questionnaire if you wanted to measure consumer attitude towards a newly introduced fruit based health drink ?
3. (a) What do you understand by the term 'Culture' ? How does subcultural analysis
help a marketer in the segmentation exercise ? Explain giving suitable examples.
(b) You are a marketing manager of a company manufacturing washing machines. How
will you respond to the post purchase feelings of your customers in order to build and maintain their satisfaction ?
4. Write short notes on any three of the following :
(a) Sensory Thresholds
(b) Motivational Conflicts
(c) Trait Theory of Personality
(d) Family Life Cycle Concept
(e) Howard Sheth Model of Consumer Decision Process.
SECTION – B
5. (a) How does reference group influence vary over product categories ? What type of
reference group influence can you expect for the following products and why ?
(b) For the above two product categories explain the kind of information search behaviour you can expect from the consumers and why ?