Dec 2008 MS-1 : MANAGEMENT FUNCTIONS AND BEHAVIOUR
- 'To effectively cope with the demands of diversifying and expanding responsibilities, as a manager moves up in the hierarchy of the managerial positions, the managerneeds to update his skills to do justice with the changing roles in an organisational set up. Elaborate this statement and briefly discuss the underlying concepts with examples.
2. Differentiate between individual and group Decision making. Briefly discuss how can the barriers to effective decision-making be overcome, explain with relevant examples.
3. What are the antecedents and the process of organisational change ? Briefly discuss with suitable examples.
4. What are the elements, Problems, and prerequisites of effective delegation, discuss with suitable examples.
5. Write short notes an any three of the following :
(a) Types of Power
(b) Characteristics of Effective work group
(c) Sources of conflict
(d) Types of leaders
(e) Integration of organisational tasks and activities