1. Distinguish between the following.
(a) Polycentric and Geocentric orientations
(b) Free Trade Area and Customs Union
(c) Commercial Invoice and Proforma Invoice
2. (a) What do you understand by the term ‘Political Risk’? In your opinion, is it country specific or firm specific or both? Elaborate giving examples.
(b) Discuss the strategy for management of political risk at the pre-investment stage.
3. An Indian hand tools manufacturing company, which has been operating in domestic market only, now wants to go international.
(a) Advise the company on the options available to it for entering foreign markets, giving advantages & disadvantages of each option.
(b) Identify the organizations which it can approach to facilitate its exports.
4. What is the effect of ‘terms of delivery’ on the price to he quoted by an exporter? Explain giving an example.
5. (a) With the help of suitable examples discuss the relative advantages of standardization and adaptation of an international advertising programme.
(b) Explain, giving suitable examples, the various combinations of product/ communication strategies available to global marketers.
6. Explain the contents and significance of the following documents:
(a) Letter of Credit
(b) Bill of Lading
(c) Packing List
7. Explain the scope of international marketing research. What are the advantages and limitations of online surveys?View more....