1. What is the role played by business information in an organization? Define Management Information System and discuss various characteristics expected of a good MIS.
2. Explain and distinguish the following concepts with reference to their use in realtime systems: i) multiprocessing ii) time sharing
3. What are expert systems and how do they help in decision-making? Can you give examples to illustrate the same? What kinds of decisions can be appropriately programmed on expert systems? Give examples.
4. Identify the most important factors inhibiting an organization’s move towards a DBMS. Why should an organization be careful about placing over reliance on “benchmark” tests in selecting a DBMS?
5. Differentiate among Trojans, Worms and Viruses. Give one example for each. “Computer virus is a major threat to computer security.” Justify the statement.View more....